Birthday frog for Jeremiah.
drawstring backpack - I've been snagging Jamie's soccer string bag, to his dismay, and then found this pattern in Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing :
I learned a lot from this pattern.
1. I really love to iron. I'm glad you need to iron a lot in sewing.
2. Replacing the needle on the sewing machine can make a big difference.
3. Don't sew the bag closed; you can't use it that way.
4. Don't give your 3-year0ld a seam ripper and walk away from the project (see final photo, below)
5. Who needs expensive fabric when you have nice old flat bedsheets?
In case you can't tell, this also has a pocket.